So guys I know many of you already have this in motion but I thought it would be important to highlight how crucial a morning routine is. I cannot tell you how many meltdowns have been avoided by having a morning routine.
- Early to Bed / Early to Rise
- PECS Boards are a really big help
If they can see what to do it will be easier for them to understand
- Prep the night before
- Have a homework station
- When doing homework have a timer – Have a set period of time to focus and reward hardwork
- If child is struggling with homework – Write a note in their diary for their teacher or General Assistant.
- Relax and take it one day at a time